What is for dinner tonight? How about Beef Stir Fry? Easy, delicious, nutritious and it will be ready by the time you have a table set! Honestly 🙂
It’s not easy for me to sit down and recreate the recipes. But I will do my best. My meals are hardly ever the same. I never follow the recipe precisely. It’s an ongoing joke around our house because I need to amend each and every recipe when I am cooking or baking. For various reasons 🙂 Sometimes I don’t have one ingredient or feel like I need some chickpeas today, or feel that it should cook a bit longer etc. I don’t panic when I don’t have a few ingredients from the original recipe because I know anything (well, almost) can be replaced.
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 450g sirloin steak, sliced into strips
- 125g broccoli florets
- 1 red pepper, sliced into matchsticks
- 2 carrots, thinly sliced
- 200g. sugar snap peas
- 1onion, sliced
- 3-4 cloves of garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds, toasted
- Heat the oil in a large wok or frying pan over medium-high heat.
- Season steak strips with salt and pepper. Then put to the heated wok and cook steak strips while stirring until browned, approximately 3 to 4 minutes.
- Remove steak to the bowl. Heat some oil in the same wok and add broccoli, red pepper, carrots, spring onion and garlic. Cook and stir vegetables for 5 minutes or until it’s tender to your liking.
- Stir beef into vegetables and season with soy sauce and sesame seeds. Continue to cook and stir until vegetables and beef are covered in soy sauce and sesame seeds – about two more minutes.
- Serve it with noodles, spaghetti or rice.
Just another reminder – if you are same as me, improvise, change vegetables or even meat and create your outstanding dinner in less than half an hour.
Lots of love,