We love love bread in our house! But what is better than any bread is home-baked brown bread!
And as you are rolling your sleeves up, here is the recipe for really healthy, super tasty brown bread recipe that you’ll prepare in minutes!
285g Wholemeal or Spelt flour
225g Plain Flour
2tsp Bread Soda
1tbsp Rapeseed oil
1tbsp Treacle or Brown Sugar
- Preheat oven to 180C.
- Grease a bread tin.
- Sieve all dry ingredients into a bowl.
- In the separate bowl beat the egg, buttermilk and oil together. Then add to the dry ingredients.
- The mixture will be sloppy consistency.
- Pour into the greased loaf tin and bake for 50 – 60 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool on a wire rack.
*Sometimes I add in some pine nuts, sesame, pumpkin, sunflower, fennel, and caraway seeds for a healthy crunchy finish.
On the final note, make this bread, and you will make healthier lunch by doing less.
❌ Healthy doesn’t mean complicated!
❌ Healthy doesn’t have to be hard
❌ Healthy doesn’t take long!⠀
You can now see that it is possible to eat healthily by doing less?
This freshly baked brown bread and a pot of some lovely homemade soup that will make healthy, delicious, nutritious lunch for a few days!
Yep, it’s that simple!
Now – enjoy!