Have you heard about the cauliflower rice yet? Well, let me tell you this – someone has come up with a BRILLIANT idea when discovered this! I always knew potatoes, rice, pasta isn’t the best combination with meat or fish. But it is so deeply engraved in us that we have to have something more ‘filling’ with the main. Vegetables are not enough 🙂 In this case, you kinda trick your mind and can have a great healthier option! Cauliflower rice actually looks and even tastes a bit like rice, but the best part is – there is not one tiny grain in it!
Here is why cauliflower rice is good for you:
- low in calories – only 25 calories per cup.
- helps to maintain the weight
- low-calorie substitute instead of rice, potato or flour
- good source of fiber
- low-carb alternative
- cauliflower slows digestion and promotes a feeling of fullness
Here you are – give it a go!
Healthiest Cauliflower Rice
Serves: 4-5 side portions
Level: Super Easy
1 medium/large head of cauliflower
1-2 handfuls of kale*
Himalayan pink salt
2-3 garlic cloves
Fresh parsley (optional)
Soy sauce to taste
- Clean all vegetables well by soaking them in Strong Alkaline water pH11.5 to clean off all the chemicals off.
- Then soak the water off the vegetables. Cut the head of cauliflower into chunks, and discard the core. Place the cauliflower chunks to the food processor and pulse for 1-2 minutes until they’re broken into tiny pieces, just bigger than couscous.
- Place the saucepan to the heat and add the coconut oil and crushed garlic. Sautee garlic until it is fragrant, about 10 to 20 seconds.
- In the meantime prepare other vegetables (anything that you like and prefer, I recommend the ones that cook very quickly and take the same time to cook). Cut broccoli into small pieces. Cut Brussel sprouts into halves and quarters. Add frozen peas, kale to the saucepan with garlic, and cook for a few minutes.
- Add cut broccoli and brussel sprouts. Cook for another minute or 2 until all is mixed together.
- Finally, add the cauliflower rice to the vegetable mixture. Season with pink Himalayan salt and black pepper, stir to combine.
- Cook, stirring just every minute or so until the cauliflower rice is hot and turning golden in places, about 6 to 10 minutes.
- Remove the skillet from the heat. Stir in the parsley and serve warm.
*Substitute these vegetables to any of your preference (except potatoes).
Have any questions or thoughts? Don’t hesitate to comment below 😉
Lots of love,