Having a party? Or just a few visitors? Looking for something quick and healthy?
I have a solution for you! If you have some puff pastry in the fridge, you can make various arrangements but this one is REALLY good!
Spinach, feta & eggs! What’s not to like?!
Spinach and Feta Puff Pastry Pies
Serves: 12-15 mini pies
- 150g spinach leaves, fresh or frozen
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 1/2 small onion
- 20g. butter or coconut oil
- Pink Himalayan salt and freshly ground pepper
- 100g feta
- a squeeze of lemon juice
- 1 large sheet of ready-rolled puff pastry (370g.)
- 2 beaten eggs
- Peel and crush the garlic. Chop the onion. Sauteè onion and garlic in a saucepan with small amount of butter or coconut oil.
- Prep the spinach. If you are using fresh spinach, clean them well by soaking them in Strong Alkaline water pH11.5 to clean off all the chemicals off the spinach, then use a salad spinner to remove as much water as possible.
- Add the spinach into a saucepan with sauteed onions and garlic, cook over medium-high heat for several minutes until the leaves start to wilt.
- If you are using frozen spinach leaves, place the frozen spinach into a large saucepan over low-medium heat. Cook until spinach is defrosted and tender.
- Press and squeeze out as much liquid from the cooked spinach as possible.
- Place the spinach onto a large plate and set aside to cool completely.
- In the meantime, place beaten eggs in the bow, add some Pink Himalayan salt and freshly ground pepper, crumble over the feta cheese, squeeze a bit of lemon juice and mix everything together.
- Add the spinach to the eggs and feta cheese mixture and mix everything very well.
- Preheat the oven to 200°C.
- Cut puff pastry into squares and place them in the muffin tin moulds.
- Fill each pastry-lined mould with some of the spinach and feta filling.
- Bake for 20-30 minutes, or until the pies are lightly golden.
- Serve hot or warm.
Best for the kids’ lunch boxes, as a snack or perfect for the party table!
Also, prepare them and freeze in the freezer for when unexpected guests arrive and you have nothing good in the fridge 😉
Lots of love,