The Holiday season is fast approaching and many people get anxious about gaining those few extra pounds during this Festive time of the year. My recommendation is to do it all in moderation, don’t overindulge and bring healthier options to any kinda gatherings! One way of doing it is making Homemade dips and serving them with vegetable sticks and maybe a few Doritos (I said just a few! 😉 )
So here are my recommended recipes that people usually wrinkle their nose at the start but when they try it, they cannot have enough of it! 🙂
Pepper and Feta Cheese Dip
Level: Super easy
240 g feta cheese
120 g jarred red peppers
3 tablespoons olive oil
- In a food processor combine the feta, drained red peppers, and oil.
- Season with black pepper and blend until smooth.
- Transfer to a bowl, then serve with fresh vegetable sticks (carrots, cucumber, celery), Broccoli florets lightly boiled, breadsticks etc.
Spicy Homemade Hummus Dip
Level: Super easy
400 g tin of chickpeas (1 tin)
1 small clove of garlic
1 tablespoon tahini*
Extra virgin olive oil
Salt & Pepper
- Drain and tip the chickpeas and place into a food processor.
- Peel and add the garlic, then add the tahini (or peanut butter), a good squeeze of lemon juice and 1 tablespoon of oil.
- Season with a pinch of pink Himalayan salt, then pop the lid on and blitz.
- Use a spatula to scrape the hummus down the sides of the bowl, then blitz again until smooth.
- Have a taste and add more lemon juice if needed.
- If you find hummus too thick, add a splash of water to loosen.
- Serve with vegetable sticks (carrots, cucumbers, radishes, peppers, asparagus, celery sticks), apples! (I know it sounds crazy, but trust me on this 😉 ) or some warm flatbreads, breadsticks, Doritos etc.
*If you don’t have tahini you can easily substitute with the peanut butter. I personally even prefer it with the peanut butter.
**If you like that bit of a kick, add some chili pepper before processing and make it spicy
And this is all in action 😉
Any kind of gatherings I always try to have healthier options on the party table. And as you can see it really is pretty easy and very quick to prepare.
So give it a go and leave a comment below to let me know if this is the content that you like 😉
Lots of love,