What do you like having for breakfast?
I love the scrambled egg with broccoli and asparagus… Yummy… But I was recently told by the kinesiologist that my body doesn’t really tolerate eggs… (Like really? I wanna cry…) Not that I pay too much attention at these things but I think I could have overdone it a bit with those eggs daily. At the end of the day – it’s all about the balance, right?
So what is the next best thing? Something quick and easy on those busy mornings when you have no time standing by the stove. My answer is Granola! Of course not on the day but prepared the night before or even few days before – best solution for the busy mornings especially with many little hungry people waiting to be fed 😉 It’s quick, easy and so nutritious!
Prepare Granola and keep it in an airtight container – it will stay fresh for few weeks (if it lasts that long because it doesn’t last in my house 😀 )
Why would you buy some cereal or granola at the shop when you can make your own in minutes (plus cooking)? I always promote homemade meals as much as possible. Really no better option 😉 Here is my Nutty Granola recipe:
- 280g. Organic Jumbo Oats
- 100g. desiccated coconut
- 40g. pumpkin seeds
- 90g. chopped hazelnut*
- 65g. chopped walnuts*
- 40g. almond flakes*
- 75g. chopped cashew nuts*
- 35g. sunflower seeds
- 2 tbs. sesame seeds
- 50g. brown sugar
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 225g. honey
- 65 ml. olive oil
- 125g. peanut butter
- Heat oven to 150C/fan 130C/gas 2.
- Put the olive oil, honey and peanut butter in a small pot and warm it on the low heat mixing together until everything is mixed well.
- Soak all nuts and seeds in Strong Alkaline water pH11.5 to clean off all the chemicals off the seeds as well as to activate them.
- Put oats, nuts, and all other dry ingredients together in a big bowl. Then pour honey and peanut butter mixture in a bowl of oats and mix well.
- Tip the granola onto two baking sheets and spread evenly. Bake for 30 mins, checking it and mixing every 10 minutes so it would cook evenly.
- Remove and scrape onto a flat tray to cool. Serve with cold milk or yoghurt.
The granola can be stored in an airtight container for up to a month.
* Replace the nuts with the different type or use any type you prefer just make sure you added 345g. of nuts and seeds in total.
Lots of love,