The good news is that you will always find broccoli in our house 🙂 It’s crazy actually how often we eat broccoli. And all of us love it! Which makes my life so much easier! I serve broccoli with eggs for breakfast, put it in the soups or wraps for lunch, it works perfectly as a side order for dinner and much more. But today I am even more excited because my dear friend Egle shared a recipe how to make a snack with broccoli! Well, this is just awesome!
A lot of us have heard that broccoli are good, but do we really know why?
According to organicfacts.net there are 20 good reasons why we should eat broccoli:
- Aids in digestion
- Prevents chronic diseases
- Good liver health
- Boosts brain health
- Reduces allergies
- Has anti-inflammatory properties
- Anti-ageing properties
- Controls diabetes
- Improves metabolism
- Aids in treating cancer
- Detoxifies body
- Treats stomach disorders
- Prevents heart disease
- Eye care
- Boosts immunity
- Improves bone and teeth health
- Regulates blood pressure
- Treats anaemia
- Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis
Here you go – tons of valid reasons why we should eat broccoli.
So let’s have a look at the recipe I received from my friend! It was really delicious! Great a snack or side order with the main course.
1 head of broccoli
2 cloves of garlic
200 gr of grated mozzarella cheese
150 gr of oats
Salt and pepper to taste
200 gr grilled bacon in cubes (I didn’t add any bacon)
- Heat the oven to 180C. Place the baking paper on the baking tray.
- Cut broccoli into smaller florets, place it in the boiling water and boil for approx 2 minutes.
- Remove broccoli from the water and place in the food processor or blender. Blend it together for a few seconds.
- Add crushed garlic, then oats, eggs, cheese to the broccoli and season it with salt and pepper.
- Mix it all together and make small balls from the broccoli mixture. Place them all on the prepared tray and cook for 15 minutes or until golden.
Super delicious! Even your kids may like them! I sincerely believe that we stay creative, make it fun, try different variations, kids will come around too 😉 (hopefully). So, give it a try and if you do, let me know what you think!
Lots of love,