A lot of us know that breakfast is the most important meal of the day. Eating a nutritious breakfast sets the tone for the day and promotes weight maintenance and weight loss by maintaining blood glucose levels and your metabolism. What you eat for breakfast has a big impact on your energy levels and blood sugar throughout the day. So don’t skip it! 😉
No time for breakfast
So many people are saying that they don’t have time to eat breakfast in the morning… I will be very harsh now and be pretty blunt, but I simply call it ‘an excuse’…
Breakfast is indeed a very important meal. A good breakfast fuels you up and gets you ready for the day. Without breakfast, people can get irritable, restless, and tired.
I try to make sure I find the time for breakfast. I wake up at least 10 minutes earlier so I would be getting a good start for the day. Breakfast should not be stressful but planned (remember, I am all about planning and preparing 🙂 ). One way is to have it prepared the night before. Make it simple. Prepare a batch of homemade granola and store it in an airtight container. Serve it with the milk of your choice or natural yogurt and save yourself time in the morning. There are thousands of breakfast ideas that take less than 5 minutes. And you can even have it while driving or walking to work! A smoothie in a travel mug makes a much better traveling companion than an empty, growling stomach.
Some people don’t feel hungry in the morning. And that happens to me a lot. In that case, make a light breakfast: a smoothie, fruit salad with yogurt, homemade granola, avocado on a toast or similar.
If you skip breakfast a lot, your body has adapted to not having breakfast and you just need to train it with a new habit of eating breakfast.
Or eating late at night would cause not being hungry. But again – help yourself to turn this around by not eating too late and instead start planning nutritious breakfast. It is important to give some fuel to your body after sleeping for 7-8 hours. Look after it 😉
Don’t know what I want
This is my biggest obstacle. A lot of the times I do not know what I want for breakfast. Yeah, I can hear you laughing now 😀 But it happens to me a lot. My creative mind is not working at that early time of the morning and it’s hard for me to figure out what I want 🙂 Hence here I will be sharing ideas and recipes what I come up with for breakfast on those though days 🙂
One simple option is having porridge. And porridge can be served in so many different ways! According to healthline.com here is why it is such a perfect breakfast option:
- Oats Are Incredibly Nutritious
- Whole Oats Are Rich in Antioxidants, Including Avenanthramides
- Oats Contain a Powerful Soluble Fiber Called Beta-Glucan
- They Can Lower Cholesterol Levels and Protect LDL Cholesterol From Damage
- Oats Can Improve Blood Sugar Control
- Oatmeal Is Very Filling and May Help You Lose Weight
- Ground Oats May Help With Skin Care
- May Decrease the Risk of Childhood Asthma
- Oats May Help Relieve Constipation
Plenty of reasons to eat Organic oats in the morning and here is my amazing recipe Chocolate Porridge by Agne!
- 1/2 cup rolled Organic Oats
- 1 cup milk or water (I always make porridge with water)
- 1 tbsp raw cacao powder
- 1 -2 tbsp honey
- 1 tbsp chia seeds or nuts (optional)
- Place the oats in a pot and soak them in double amount of water. It may seem a lot but oats soak all the water in and very little liquid leftover the next morning. Mix it together with a spoon and leave it soaking overnight.
- In the morning place the pot on a slow heat and mix it occasionally till it starts boiling. You don’t need to boil just wait till it gets there. Then add raw cacao and mix everything very well together.
- Place the porridge in a bowl, drizzle the honey on the top, sprinkle with chia seeds and/or nuts.
Porridge is simply amazing and really easy to make. All you need to do is use your imagination!
Hope you’ll like this recipe. And feel free to leave the comments or share your breakfast ideas. It may just save me one of the mornings 😉
Lots of love,