Let me tell you this – I am a funny one…
I love cooking BUT I need to feel what I want that day or week. I cannot even explain it but I can’t just have ‘something’… I usually sit down and plan my meals for the whole week when possible. It makes my life so much easier when I do that. I set all my cooking books and get myself ready. But when I do that it’s a real creation process 🙂 I flick through my cooking books gathering my inspiration.
I have so many week plans lying around the house and when I set myself to sit down and plan the new week, my husband usually looks at me puzzled and says: ‘well why don’t you simply use one of the meal plans from the previous week? Or the week before?’
He doesn’t get it… I don’t know if anyone does 🙂 I don’t feel like having what I planned for the previous weeks… I want to sit down and let the recipes come to my head. THEN I feel like I am prepared. Then I know what I want 🙂
Secondly, it’s not easy for me to sit down and recreate the recipes. Because they are hardly ever the same. I never follow the recipe precisely. It’s an ongoing joke around our house because I need to amend each and every recipe when I am cooking or baking. For various reasons 🙂 Sometimes I don’t have one ingredient or feel like I need some chickpeas today, or feel that it should cook a bit longer etc. I don’t panic when I don’t have few ingredients from the original recipe because I know anything (well, almost) can be replaced.
So this is my first recipe on my website that I recently cooked and I hope you’ll like.
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 450g sirloin steak, sliced into strips
- 125g broccoli florets
- 1 red pepper, sliced into matchsticks
- 2 carrots, thinly sliced
- 200g. sugar snap peas
- 1onion, sliced
- 3-4 cloves of garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds, toasted
- Heat the oil in a large wok or frying pan over medium-high heat.
- Season steak strips with salt and pepper. Then put to the heated wok and cook steak strips while stirring until browned, approximately 3 to 4 minutes.
- Remove steak to the bowl. Heat some oil in the same wok and add broccoli, red pepper, carrots, spring onion and garlic. Cook and stir vegetables for 5 minutes or until it’s tender to your liking.
- Stir beef into vegetables and season with soy sauce and sesame seeds. Continue to cook and stir until vegetables and beef are covered in soy sauce and sesame seeds – about 2 more minutes.
- Serve it with noodles, spaghetti or rice.
Just another reminder – if you are same as me, improvise, change vegetables or even meat and create your own outstanding dinner in less than half an hour.
Lots of love,